Irvine Chiropractor Can Provide Menstrual Pain Relief Treatment
Between 75 and 90 percent of women around the world experience the cramps and emotional roller coaster rides associated with the menstrual cycle. For many, it’s a monthly event that snags their ability to enjoy life. Fortunately, Irvine chiropractor Dr. John Lee has provided successful menstrual pain relief treatment for many women through chiropractic care.
Relief from Menstrual Cycle Cramps with Chiropractic Care
Our chiropractor uses gentle chiropractic care to adjust the lower back, combined with other natural treatment options, to provide menstrual pain relief. There are two terms used to describe problems women experience during the menstrual cycle:
- Dysmenorrhea—Physical symptoms of abdominal cramps and back pain preceding the period.
- Pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS)—Cramps plus emotional symptoms.
While many women use over-the-counter analgesics for relief, these can also cause unpleasant side effects. Chiropractor Dr. Lee treats the root causes of menstrual cycle pain by adjusting the vertebrae to free pinched nerves and relax muscles.
Can My Chiropractor Provide PMS Relief?
Many of the nerves directly responsible for controlling a woman’s reproductive system travel out from between vertebrae in the lower back to the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus, their supporting muscles and other nearby parts of the body. These nerves can be pinched, either by injury to the lower back or by long-term posture problems. Our chiropractor can help by correcting misalignments in the vertebrae and providing natural treatment for any lower back injury. In fact, many women who came to see Dr. Lee for lower back pain discovered that the following natural treatment protocols resolved their monthly menstrual cycle cramps and difficulties too:
- Chiropractic care—Our chiropractor can relieve pinched nerves so they properly regulate the function of your reproductive organs and their surrounding tissues.
- Massage therapy—Massage relieves musculoskeletal tensions and cramps, improves circulation and causes pain-relieving endorphins to course through the area to provide relief.
- Therapeutic exercises—Our chiropractor can also coach you on how to perform exercises and stretches that can retrain muscles after an injury and improve core strength and balance that can support good posture in the lumbar region for lasting PMS and back pain relief.
Get Natural, Lasting Menstrual Pain Relief in Irvine
If you have struggled with menstrual pain, cramps and emotional upheaval during your monthly cycle, please know that natural relief is possible! If you live in Irvine, contact chiropractor Dr. Lee today to schedule an appointment: 949-552-2100.