Irvine Chiropractor Provides Upper Back Pain and Injury Relief Treatment
Although upper back pain isn’t as prevalent as lower back pain, it still prevents sufferers from living an active, healthy life. Injury or poor posture habits can impact the upper thoracic spine (the upper 6 vertebrae connected to your rib cage). Getting the appropriate treatment for lasting relief requires a clear understanding and diagnosis of your condition. If upper back pain bothers you, Irvine chiropractor Dr. John Lee can help you get relief
Try Chiropractic Care for Upper Back Pain Relief
Cases of upper back pain and injury have been on the rise over the last several years, particularly here in tech-savvy Irvine. Dr. Lee’s expertise in chiropractic care and other complementary treatment modalities provides upper back pain relief for the most common issues:
- Poor ergonomics and posture—Slumping over ill-positioned computer desks, hunching over mobile devices, etc. has been a major cause behind the increase in upper back pain.
- Soft tissue injuries—Whiplash from sports and car accident injuries can strain thoracic spine soft tissues.
- Joint problems—Certain conditions can cause inflammation in the joints connecting vertebrae to the rib cage.
Dr. Lee can diagnose and provide successful treatment for these and other upper back injuries.
Successful Treatment for Upper Back Pain and Injury
Chiropractic care is extremely effective for most upper back pain causes. Dr. Lee carefully diagnoses the location of any thoracic vertebrae misalignments (subluxations) and can then start you on a course of chiropractic adjustments to correct your spinal alignment. Chiropractic treatment relieves pinched nerves and can provide both immediate and long-term relief from upper back pain and injury.
In conjunction with chiropractic care, our chiropractor may also recommend complementary treatment modalities such as:
- Massage therapy—Soft tissue strains and injuries, particularly referred pain from whiplash or other injury situations, respond very well to massage therapy. It improves circulation, reduces inflammation and relieves the musculoskeletal tensions that can plague the upper back, while boosting your endorphins’ natural painkilling power.
- Therapeutic exercises—In conjunction with healing the musculoskeletal injury or condition, Dr. Lee teaches his patients therapeutic stretches and exercises that bolster the stability of core muscles, including those all along the upper back. This helps relieve stress on the area and prevents future injury.
Don’t let upper back pain keep you from living the lifestyle you love—schedule an appointment with our Irvine chiropractor today at 949-552-2100 and get the relief you need.