Visit Irvine Chiropractor for Stiffness and Pain Relief
Stiffness in the neck and back are common problems. Sometimes people wake up with a stiff neck after sleeping in an awkward position all night, or they come home from work with a stiff back after sitting in the office all day. Stiffness can attack just about any part of the body, and is often accompanied by pain as well. Fortunately, our chiropractor in Irvine has had great success helping patients get relief and regain full range of motion through all-natural, drug-free chiropractic treatment.
Stiff Neck, Back or Otherwise? Our Chiropractor Can Help...
Starting your journey back from stiffness to pain relief and smooth, easy movement involves finding out why you are stiff in the first place. If you live in the Irvine area, chiropractor Dr. John Lee can diagnose your condition and then provide an individually-tailored chiropractic treatment plan to help you recover from the underlying reasons you feel stiff.
The most common root causes of stiffness include:
- Subluxations—Vertebrae in the spine can be nudged out of alignment gradually through either poor posture habits or injury. When this happens, nerves become pinched and muscles start to develop poor movement patterns and weakness that can lead to stiffness in the back, neck or other parts of the body.
- Injuries—As just one example: one of the classic symptoms of whiplash, which you might receive either as a car accident injury, sports injury or personal injury, is a stiff neck. This is because the sudden whipping motion strains the soft tissues, causing inflammation, stiffness and pain.
- Arthritis—This joint pain and stiffness is often the result of long-uncorrected mechanical imbalances in the spine.
Depending on the cause, or causes of your stiffness, our chiropractor can recommend the following courses of treatment to help you move and feel better:
- Chiropractic adjustments—Dr. Lee’s precise, gentle adjustments bring misaligned vertebrae back into correct position to relieve pinched nerves and re-balance the spinal system and soft tissues to relieve stiffness.
- Therapeutic exercise—Our chiropractor especially coaches patients in performing specific stretches and exercises that re-train weakened, stiff muscles.
- Massage therapy—Massage is extremely effective at reducing inflammation and stiffness in damaged soft tissues so movement becomes easier and less painful.