Irvine Chiropractor Successfully Treats Numbness and Tingling
Paresthesia—the word may be unfamiliar, but the sensation of numbness and tingling, most commonly in the extremities, is something many have experienced. It is a classic symptom of pinched nerves. And although everyone has had a hand or a foot fall asleep after sitting or lying in an awkward position for too long, there are some people for whom these “pins and needles” are disrupting their lives on a regular basis. Irvine chiropractor Dr. Lee can successfully provide lasting relief for the underlying causes of numbness, tingling and pain.
Chiropractic Care for Numbness, Tingling and Pain Relief
The most common reasons for pinched nerves that manifest with pain combined with numbness and tingling include:
- Subluxations (misalignments) in the spine, often from poor posture habits, or...
- Incorrect ergonomics from working with a poor office setup, lifting incorrectly or performing other repetitive tasks without proper form
- Traumatic injury (car accident injury, sports injury or other personal injuries)
- Bulging, protruding, or herniated discs
All of these underlying causes of pinched nerves respond very well to chiropractic care. Also, the location of a patient’s numbness and tingling sensations usually indicates where nerves are being pinched; an x-ray will confirm the location so our chiropractor can provide precise chiropractic treatment to correct the problem. For example:
- If the pins, needles and pain occur in the feet or legs, the pinched nerve is likely located in the lower back. If numbness, tingling and pain radiate down from the lower back and into one or both of the legs, this is called sciatica.
- If the numbness and tingling occurs in the arms or hands, a nerve in the lower part of the neck or upper back may be pinched. In cases of carpal tunnel syndrome, there are usually nerves being pinched in both the neck as well as in the wrist.
- Some people experience numbness and tingling in large areas of the body; either in one entire half of the body, or the upper or lower body, or even the face. While these are very worrying symptoms, usually an x-ray will uncover a pinched nerve (or nerves) that our chiropractor can successfully relieve through non-invasive, drug-free chiropractic care.
In fact, pinched nerves respond extremely well to treatment with chiropractor Dr. Lee. If you are in Irvine and are experiencing any of these problems, schedule an appointment for relief today: (949) 552-2100.