Lower Back Pain Relief in Irvine
Did you know that in any given year, almost half of the people you meet will have suffered lower back pain? Many of these people will also tell you that painkillers have only had a temporary and largely unsatisfactory impact on their suffering. Our Irvine chiropractor Dr. Lee, however, uses natural techniques that can successfully resolve your lower back pain for the long term.
Natural Lower Back Pain Treatment with Our Chiropractor
Dr. Lee will fully examine your spine and your medical history, including x-rays. Once we find the underlying problem, our chiropractor will set up an individual treatment plan for your complete healing and recovery.
The most common causes of lower back pain include:
- Poor posture habits (while sitting, standing and sleeping)
- Sudden injuries (including car accident injuries, sports, personal and work-related injuries)
- Poor physical conditioning (weak, easily strained core muscles)
- Being overweight
Each of these situations does several things that can cause lower back pain. Poor posture habits and inadequate core muscle conditioning frequently lead to pinched nerves because of vertebral misalignment (subluxations). A traumatic injury can also suddenly jolt vertebrae out of correct position while also painfully straining muscles. The quickly-evolving hormonal and weight changes that an expectant mother undergoes also put strain on the lower back.
Our chiropractor can skillfully, naturally and effectively treat all of these underlying causes to provide welcome pain relief. Your treatment plan may include:
- Chiropractic spinal adjustments—Dr. Lee will diagnose the locations where vertebrae are out of alignment and apply quick, gentle adjustments that correct these problems. Spinal adjustments release pinched nerves and provide lasting, natural relief without drugs or surgery.
- Massage therapy—massage relieves soft tissue strains and tension while boosting circulation and reducing inflammation. It also breaks down painful scar tissue for accelerated injury healing. Massage therapy boosts levels of pain-relieving endorphins in the bloodstream too.
- Therapeutic exercise and ergonomics counseling—Our chiropractor will teach you specific stretches and exercises to help you improve your flexibility, range of motion and core strength. Dr. Lee can also advise you on more ergonomic ways to perform daily tasks so that you avoid future injury risks.
People Ask These Common Questions about Low Back Pain
What causes muscle spasms in the lower back?
Muscles spasms in your lower back are your body's natural defense mechanism for protecting the area to help prevent further damage to the injured or weak area of the spine. This is usually caused by subluxations (misalignment) of the vertebrae of the spine due to traumatic injury or repetitive strain or overuse injury.
What are the symptoms of chronic back pain?
Chronic back pain may present in a variety of ways such as dull, achy, sharp, throbbing, diffuse, pinpoint or stabbing pain. The intensity of pain can also fluctuate from mild to severe depending on activity. A person with chronic back pain has usually been dealing with reoccurring episodes of pain over a long period of time.
What does it mean if you have severe lower back pain?
Severe low back pain may indicate that the degree of subluxation (misalignment) that has occurred to a vertebra of the spine may be severe and therefore pinching the surrounding nerve(s) significantly. It may also mean that a disc injury may be present. A severe disc protrusion, bulge or herniation may cause high levels of pain.
This multi-faceted, drug-free approach to lower back pain relief is extremely effective and a great option for people who seek alternatives to painkillers or surgery. To schedule an appointment or talk with our chiropractor, reach out to us today: (949) 552-2100.