Back Pain Relief and Injury Treatment with Your Irvine Chiropractor
Back pain is one of the top reasons for missed work and doctor visits worldwide. Painkillers may mask pain temporarily, but lasting relief from back injury requires accurate diagnosis and treatment of the underlying causes. Irvine chiropractor Dr. John Lee is a back pain specialist known for helping people overcome back injury and return to active, pain-free living.
Back Pain Causes
Back pain can spring from long-term poor posture, poor ergonomic practices or sudden injury—often a combination. Just a few examples of common back pain causes for which our Irvine chiropractor provides pain relief treatment include:
- Bulging or herniated discs—Years of poor posture while working, exercising or sleeping can put strain on the spine’s intervertebral discs. This pressure can slowly weaken the disc’s outer membrane, causing the inner nucleus to press out and pinch nerves. A bulging disc can develop for years, unnoticed, when a sneeze, accident, twist or bend suddenly causes enormous pain from a herniated disc.
- Pregnancy—At least half of pregnant women experience pregnancy back pain caused by a shifting center of gravity and loosening of the ligaments as the pregnancy heads towards delivery. Sometimes this back pain can continue, or even start, after the baby is born due to misalignments in the spine.
- Car accident or sports injury—Sudden, traumatic injuries like a car accident injury, a sports injury, or even falling can cause sudden shifts in the spine that pinch nerves, pull muscles, damage discs and strain connective tissues.
Chiropractic Care Resolves the Root Causes of Back Pain
As a chiropractic back pain specialist, Dr. Lee carefully diagnoses and treats the very root cause of your back pain or injury with excellent, individually-tailored care. A combination of the following treatment options can resolve your back pain:
- Chiropractic care—Chiropractic spinal adjustment is essential to restoring proper spinal alignment. Dr. Lee’s skillful adjustment techniques provide both instant and long-term relief by releasing pinched nerves.
- Massage therapy—Massage naturally relieves pain and inflammation in damaged soft tissues, helping them adapt to chiropractic adjustments and improving circulation for accelerated healing.
- Therapeutic exercises—Complete back rehabilitation and future-pain prevention involves strengthening core muscles and reconditioning them to support correct posture for life.
See the Back Pain Relief Specialist Irvine Trusts
Schedule an appointment with Irvine chiropractor Dr. Lee today if you need a back-pain specialist who can help you get lasting relief: (949) 552-2100.