Whiplash Injury Treatment from Your Irvine Chiropractor
Whiplash—this neck injury can happen in a split second, but then go on to cause widespread pain for years without prompt treatment. The name “whiplash” describes what happens: sudden force whips the head one way, then lashes it back in the opposite direction quickly and violently. This strains muscles, tendons, ligaments, discs and vertebrae, causing subluxations and pinched nerves—and pain. Irvine chiropractor Dr. John Lee successfully treats this injury and urges people who have been in a situation like this to come in for an evaluation as soon as possible.
Chiropractic Care is Excellent Whiplash Pain Relief Treatment
Although whiplash is the most commonly-reported car accident injury, you can also get it as a sports injury or even a personal injury. It’s also notoriously sneaky; the pain may not manifest for hours, sometimes days, after the incident. If you’ve been in a situation where your head was whipped back and forth quickly, or if you experience any of the following symptoms, prompt chiropractic care and treatment can help you avoid long-term pain:
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Upper back pain (between the shoulder blades)
- Arm or hand pain, numbness or tingling (like carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Dizziness or light-headedness
- Difficulty concentrating
- Hearing or vision disturbances
- Face and jaw pain (like TMJ)
- Difficulty swallowing
Because whiplash is a complex injury in such a critical area of the spine, relief depends on multifaceted treatment that addresses both the soft-tissue strains and sprains, as well as the vertebral misalignments; painkillers simply aren’t enough.
Get Whiplash Pain Relief with Your Chiropractor
Irvine chiropractor Dr. Lee can treat whiplash from all angles to ensure that you get fast, lasting pain relief and healing:
- Chiropractic care—Dr. Lee can gently correct cervical spine misalignments to release pressure from nerves and discs; this often provides immediate whiplash pain relief and is essential to overall healing from the injury.
- Massage therapy—Massage helps heal whiplash damage in muscles, tendons and ligaments and supports healthy neck posture. It also reduces stiffness and relieves pain naturally.
- Therapeutic exercises—Dr. Lee coaches you in specific, individualized exercises to help you regain full range of motion and strength in your neck; they can also prevent symptoms from recurring.